Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sigh...........

    Hi, I'm pretty sad right now let me tell you why. Today Evelyn broke one of the eggs!!! It started like this, we were changing the cage when my mom thought we needed to change the nesting box. So we changed it and replaced the rages that was inside to shredded paper towels. Then about five minutes later Cloudy still didn't go in the nesting box so we knew something was wrong. Then I remembered that on the computer that cockatiels like to use one kind of material while their nesting. So Lucy and I changed it again and put rages in it like before but when cloudy still did not sit on the eggs (theirs five eggs) we decided to take it into our own hands. First we got a strong lamp to keep the eggs warm and a box, then we took the nesting box, put it in the other box and turned the light on. Then a few minutes later I heard a crash from the light! I ran over their and I saw one of of the eggs was broken as well as Evelyn standing right over the box!!! We fixed the problem and we gave a funeral to the almost fully developed chick. After my mom came in and said when she went to check on them that they were too hot!! She turned the light off  and then took the nesting box back into the cage. I am praying and fasting for them and if you can PLEASE FAST AND PRAY FOR THEM TOO!!!!  Bye :(                

9 comments:

hannah banana said...

Please fast and pray for my birds:O

hannah banana said...

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

OK! I'm so sorry about the eggs. BTW, I have the Flu.
Love,
Katie

Jane Babcock said...

Will do. Very sad. I'm so sorry it happened.

Deb said...

I'm sorry to hear about this tragedy. We will pray and fast for your birds too.

Katie said...

OK! You poor thing. How are you?

Jane Babcock said...

Hannah, I hope your chicks hatch OK. Love, Grandpa Ken

becky said...

I hope your baby birds will be OK. You'll have to give us an update when something happens!

hannah banana said...

OK!